UTEP Outshoots UNT For 74-54 Win
DENTON (AP) – Matt Willms had 14 points, eight rebounds and three blocks as Texas-El Paso won 74-54 and ended North Texas’s four-game winning streak Sunday.
Vince Hunter added 11 points and eight rebounds and C.J. Cooper had 13 points for UTEP (21-9, 11-4 Conference USA) which remains one game behind the conference leaders, Tulsa, Southern Miss, Louisiana Tech and Middle Tennessee.
Colin Voss hit a jumper for North Texas to open the game and UTEP responded with a 15-0 run. The Mean Green closed to 18-12, but the Miners answered again with a 14-2 run for a 32-14 lead and they never looked back.
UTEP shot 25 for 48 (52.1 percent) compared to North Texas at 17 for 66 (25.8 percent). The Mean Green struggled especially with 2-for-17 3-point shooting.
Alzee Williams led the Mean Green with 15 points, Jordan Williams had 13 points and 11 rebounds and Maurice Aniefiok scored 10.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mother, 2 Children Survive Hit-And-Run
- Pork Sausage Patty Recall Due To Possible “Foreign Matter Contamination”
- Gov. Abbott Aims To Block Enforcement Of State Clean Air Act
- Texas Clinics File Supreme Court Appeal Of Abortion Law
- UPDATE: Suspicious Man At School Was Indeed Uber Driver Sent By Parents
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures