DALLAS (AP) – The 2014 State Fair of Texas will include a Texas Sports Hall of Fame exhibit and an effort to fight hunger by turning canned foods into art.
Fair officials in Dallas on Tuesday announced the theme for the fall expo is “Deep in the Heart of Texans.”
An exhibit from the Texas Sports Hall of Fame in Waco will include memorabilia from sports stars recognized since the athletics group began in 1951.
Giant arrangements at the State Fair will be built with cans of food, with the items later donated to the North Texas Food Bank.
College football returns to the Cotton Bowl with Grambling State facing Prairie View A&M on Sept. 27. Texas and Oklahoma will play on Oct. 11.
The State Fair of Texas runs Sept. 26-Oct. 19.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Officials ID Suspect In Chase That Led To Police Crash
- Texas Pilot Sentenced To 3 Years For Drug Smuggling Flight
- President Trump: Criticism Of NFL Players Not About Race
- Target To Up Hourly Base Pay To $15 By End Of 2020
- With One Week Left, Diligent Fantasy Baseball Owners Are About To Be Rewarded
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures