SURPRISE, Ariz. (AP) – The Texas Rangers have claimed infielder Andy Parrino off waivers from the Oakland Athletics.
The Rangers made the move Monday. They also put left-handed pitcher Derek Holland on the 60-day disabled list while he recovers from surgery on his left knee.
The 28-year-old Parrino played 14 games for Oakland last season. He also played in the majors with San Diego in 2011-12.
In 93 games in the majors, he’s hit .186 with one homer and 11 RBIs.
Holland had arthroscopic surgery to repair torn cartilage behind his left knee on Jan. 10. He was hurt a few days earlier in a fall at his home.
Holland is eligible to return to the roster on May 29.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Loss To Packers Was Painful, But Not The Most Heartbreaking
- Jones Says Romo “Will Play In A Superbowl,” Would Not Specify Team
- Wal-Mart To Add About 10,000 Retail Jobs In The U.S.
- Cowboys Season In Review: Dallas Exceeded All Expectations in 2016 Despite Early Playoff Loss
- “Momentous Changes” Push Back Ivanka Trump’s Book
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures