Replay Review In Rangers-Angels Confirms Call
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) – An instant replay review in the exhibition game between the Texas Rangers and Los Angeles Angels has confirmed the umpire’s call.
J.B. Shuck of the Angels made a headfirst dive into second base on a stolen base try in the seventh inning Tuesday and was ruled safe.
The review took 90 seconds and upheld the call.
“It won’t always be that easy,” Texas manager Ron Washington said.
Major League Baseball has expanded its replay system to cover most calls other than balls-and-strikes. The format is being tested this month, and the Rangers-Angels game was the only one in spring training Tuesday where the system was in place.
The replays began Monday at three parks, and there were a total of three plays that got another look. The reviews each took about 2 1-2 minutes, and the umpire’s call was upheld each time.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fish’s Saturday Morning Cowboys Camp Notes
- Feliz Records First Save Since 2011 As Rangers Beat A’s 4-1
- Babe’s Saturday Morning Cowboys Training Camp Report
- 1-on-1 With Dez: A ‘Hyperactive Kid’ Grows Up
- John Wiley Price Supporters Speak Out For “Our Man Downtown”
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures