Report: NFL Exploring 43-Yard Extra Point
CBSSPORTS.COM — Back in January, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said the league was exploring the possibility of someday eliminating extra points.
“The extra point is almost automatic. I believe we had five missed extra points this year out of 1,200 some odd,” Goodell said at the time. “So it’s a very small fraction of the play, and you want to add excitement with every play.”
One way to add excitement to the extra point is to make the kick longer and that’s exactly what the competition committee is discussing. According to NFL.com, the league is in the very early stages of a discussion that could lead to extra points being moved back from the 2-yard line to the 25-yard-line for the 2014 preseason. That would make the kick a 43-yard attempt instead of a 20-yard attempt.
- $5,000 Reward Offered For Information On Cat Burning
- Father And Son Recovering After Dune Buggy Hits Bull
- Injured Rio Vista HS Football Player Joins Team On Sideline
- 2 Found Dead In Wendy’s Parking Lot
- 94-Year-Old Shows Adrenaline Knows No Age Limit
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures