SURPRISE, Arizona (CBSDFW.COM) – Reports out of Rangers spring training camp in Surprise, Arizona are saying that the club will sign former Mariners left hand pitcher Joe Saunders.
There has been no official word from the team.
The 32-year-old left hander made his MLB debut with the Angels in 2005 and has since played for the Arizona Diamondbacks, Baltimore Orioles and Seattle Mariners.
Saunders had a private workout with the Rangers last week in Surprise, AZ.
CBS Sports reporter Jon Heyman was commenting on the potential deal Tuesday afternoon.
Saunders was the winning pitcher when the Orioles defeated the Rangers in the inaugural MLB playoffs Wild Card Game in 2012.
this is a developing story
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Capitals, Ovechkin Finally Heading To The Stanley Cup Final
- The Kingdom, Ring Of Honor Champs, Tells An Epic Wrestling Story
- Rockets To Honor Texas School Shooting Victims Before Game 5
- Dak & Zeke Increase Cowboys Roles With Dez & Witten Gone
- Milwaukee Chief Apologizes For Arrest Of Bucks Guard Sterling Brown