105.3 THE FAN — Baseball has new technology available in three different ballparks across the country. It helps you conclude the range of a player and how efficient their tracking path to the baseball is.
This thing could absolutely change the game, considering general managers like Jon Daniels and other guys love to crunch numbers. These guys could utilize this information to push out the gut-feeling scouts and old school thinkers who have run the game for so long.
Now, proof is all that matters. With this new technology, you will be able to figure out whether or not a guy’s plate average matches up with his fielding or if he is such a defensive stalwart that you can live with his bat being meh.
Major League Baseball Advanced Media is changing the game. You should check it out.
By Cory Mageors, weeknights 7-11 on the K&C Masterpiece
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Shippy & Luds: In The 5 Hole: Jiri Hudler Signing
- Keidel: Tim Tebow Wants To Play Baseball… Why Do We Care So Much?
- Rangers Pitcher Jeremy Jeffress Arrested For Alleged DWI
- Rio Police Charge Swimmer Lochte For Making False Report
- Report: Cowboys Rookie Zeke Elliott Browsed At Seattle Pot Shop Before Game