Will New Technology Help SABR GM’s?
105.3 THE FAN — Baseball has new technology available in three different ballparks across the country. It helps you conclude the range of a player and how efficient their tracking path to the baseball is.
This thing could absolutely change the game, considering general managers like Jon Daniels and other guys love to crunch numbers. These guys could utilize this information to push out the gut-feeling scouts and old school thinkers who have run the game for so long.
Now, proof is all that matters. With this new technology, you will be able to figure out whether or not a guy’s plate average matches up with his fielding or if he is such a defensive stalwart that you can live with his bat being meh.
Major League Baseball Advanced Media is changing the game. You should check it out.
By Cory Mageors, weeknights 7-11 on the K&C Masterpiece
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Let Other Fantasy Baseball Owners Take Chances On September Call-Ups
- Rookie Spotlight: Vic Beasley Will Be An Every-Down Player For Atlanta Falcons
- Boxing Analyst Steve Farhood: ‘I’d Put Floyd Between Top Ten And 15 All Time’
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: August 24th-August 28th
- NCAA Football Preview: Will TCU Win It’s First Outright Big 12 Title?