“Moody Madness” Is Hot Ticket For SMU
UNIVERSITY PARK (CBSDFW.COM) – There was excitement on the hilltop Wednesday night at Southern Methodist University’s Mustangs basketball game. Tickets for Wednesday night’s game against Louisville topped out at $1,000.
Those in attendance looked like a “who’s who” of the city.
Students were on their feet most of the sold out game. Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett, Owner Jerry Jones, Tony Romo, Jason Whitten and former quarter back Troy Aikman were at Moody Coliseum, too. The play and atmosphere was relentless as fans watched teams battle back and forth.
The Ponies will play Memphis on the road ahead of the AAC Tournament next.
Conference tournament seeding is up for grabs this week, and for SMU, the hope of its first NCAA Tournament berth since 1993.
The Mustangs lost at home for the first time this year, 84 to 71
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Tornadoes Reported As Severe Storm Tracks Across North Texas
- TCU Security Guard Arrested For Improper Photography
- Fort Worth Neighbors Brace For Another Storm
- Ellis, Barea Keep Mavs Alive With 121-109 Win Over Rockets
- 22-Year-Old North Texas Woman Survives Mt. Everest Avalanche
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures