UNIVERSITY PARK (CBSDFW.COM) – There was excitement on the hilltop Wednesday night at Southern Methodist University’s Mustangs basketball game. Tickets for Wednesday night’s game against Louisville topped out at $1,000.
Those in attendance looked like a “who’s who” of the city.
Students were on their feet most of the sold out game. Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett, Owner Jerry Jones, Tony Romo, Jason Whitten and former quarter back Troy Aikman were at Moody Coliseum, too. The play and atmosphere was relentless as fans watched teams battle back and forth.
The Ponies will play Memphis on the road ahead of the AAC Tournament next.
Conference tournament seeding is up for grabs this week, and for SMU, the hope of its first NCAA Tournament berth since 1993.
The Mustangs lost at home for the first time this year, 84 to 71
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Stars Fall To St. Louis Blues In OT, NHL Series Tied 1-1
- Brad Keselowski Wins Crazy Crash-Fest At Talladega
- Father Of Deceased Teen Burglar Says Homeowner Went Too Far
- Denton Co. Transportation Authority Holds Mock Disaster Drill
- ‘Jungle Book’ Rules At Box Office Again; ‘Civil War’ Looms
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures