WACO (AP) — Brady Heslip and Kenny Chery played hockey when they were kids in Canada.
They eventually preferred being on the basketball court instead of the ice. And they came together well south of home, as Baylor’s “Eh! Team.”
The two guards had never met until Chery made a recruiting trip to Waco last year. It didn’t take long for the fellow countrymen to become friends living out the same goal of playing major college basketball.
Heslip played his final regular-season home game for the Bears (20-10) on Tuesday night. His 18 points included five 3-pointers after halftime.
Chery added 16 points in the 74-61 victory over No. 16 Iowa State that was a boost for the Bears’ NCAA tournament hopes.
Their regular-season finale is Saturday at Kansas State.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- After 71 Years, World Series Returns To Wrigley Field
- Chicago’s Goat Curse Back In The Forefront
- Van Alstyne Teen Wins Scholar Athlete Honor
- Titans End Home Skid, Roll To 36-22 Victory Over Jaguars
- Laine Scores 2 On Power Play, Jets Beat Stars 4-1
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures