WACO (AP) — Brady Heslip and Kenny Chery played hockey when they were kids in Canada.
They eventually preferred being on the basketball court instead of the ice. And they came together well south of home, as Baylor’s “Eh! Team.”
The two guards had never met until Chery made a recruiting trip to Waco last year. It didn’t take long for the fellow countrymen to become friends living out the same goal of playing major college basketball.
Heslip played his final regular-season home game for the Bears (20-10) on Tuesday night. His 18 points included five 3-pointers after halftime.
Chery added 16 points in the 74-61 victory over No. 16 Iowa State that was a boost for the Bears’ NCAA tournament hopes.
Their regular-season finale is Saturday at Kansas State.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Shippy & Luds – In The 5 Hole: Which UFA Forwards Should The Stars Keep?
- Baylor Football Becomes Latest College Program To Be Involved In Scandal
- Stanley Cup Final Should Fill Need For Speed
- Castroneves Still Chasing 4th Indy 500 Victory
- Will Golden State’s Playoff Run End In Oklahoma City?
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures