FRISCO (KRLD) – Medical bills and other expenses continue to mount for a Frisco police officer who is recovering from a severe case of H1N1, commonly known as “swine flu.”
Now, the Frisco Police Officers Association Charities is raising money to help nine-year veteran Mike “Gonzo” Gonzalez, who still faces many months of recovery and rehabilitation. Gonzalez was diagnosed with the aggressive strain of influenza in early January, and remains in the hospital.
“With his expected length of recovery and continued medical bills, these fundraising efforts are the least we can do for Officer Gonzalez, who does so much for others,” explained fundraising co-organizer Kelly Galbraith, who is married to a Frisco police officer.
There are several ways to help FPOA Charities’ efforts to help Officer Gonzalez and his family.
Individuals can make a tax-deductible contribution to the Officer Gonzalez Recovery Fund online by visiting the FPOA webpage. Donors should select the Officer Gonzalez Recovery Fund from the dropdown list.
FPOA Charities is also selling “Team Gonzo” wristbands for a suggested donation of $5 or more.
The organization will host Pancake Breakfast Benefits for Officer Gonzalez on Saturday, April 5th at Applebee’s locations in Frisco and Little Elm. Tickets are $10 each.
Frisco police Detective Jeff Inmon, the current treasurer of FPOA Charities, said, “FPOA Charities is proud to help a fellow officer in a time of need and thankful that we can play a part in helping out.”
To purchase a “Team Gonzo” wristband, tickets to the Pancake Breakfast Benefits or to make a donation in person, individuals can go to one of the following locations in Frisco:
— Saturday, March 8th from 9:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m. at Studio Dance Center, 8811 Teel Parkway, #240
— Saturday, March 8th from 6:00 p.m.-9:30 p.m. at Toyota Stadium (FPOA Charities will be inside stadium)
— Sunday, March 9th from 2:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. at Frisco Police Department, 7200 Stonebrook Parkway
— Saturday, March 15th from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. at Cutie Patootie, 3245 W. Main St., #215
— Sunday, March 16th from Noon-5:00 p.m. at Toyota Stadium (East parking lot)
More information on the fundraisers for Officer Gonzalez can be found at fpoacharities.org.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Demonstration Against Sexual Violence Planned At Baylor University
- CDC Emergency Ops Center Moves To Highest Level Of Activation For Zika Response
- Texas-Sized Surprise: J.J. Visits AT&T Stadium
- High Winds Cause Dallas Mobile Home Fire To Spread
- Health Inspection Scores Online For Lewisville Restaurants
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures