GRAND PRAIRIE (CBSDFW.COM) – A 49-year-old Grand Prairie man was sentenced to 60 years in prison without parole for repeatedly sexually abusing a young relative.
Jurors deliberated just 10 minutes on Wednesday before convicting Timothy Earl Wesley of continuous sexual abuse of a child under 14 — a charge that carries no possibility for parole. Wesley elected to have his punishment assessed by state district Judge Louis Sturns, who sentenced him to the 60- year term.
“Although Wesley’s victim will always live with his ongoing abuse, the jury’s swift verdict and Judge Sturns’ 60-year sentence have given the victim and her family some measure of peace,” said Prosecutor Leticia Martinez. “Wesley deserved it.”
Wesley will be 109 years old before he can be released from prison.
During the trial, prosecutors Leticia Martinez and Pamela Boggess presented evidence that in July 2012, the mother of a 12-year-old girl learned that her daughter was in possession of a cell phone and ques- tioned where she had gotten it. The girl admitted that Wesley had given it to her and that he had been sexually abusing her for at least a month.
The girl told her mother that Wesley would call her on the cell phone, meet her outside the apartment complex where she lived, and then drive her to a wooded area and have sex with her in the back of his vehicle.
The child’s mother found text messages and nude photos from Wesley on the girl’s phone.
The child’s mother contacted police, who launched an investigation that led to Wesley’s arrest, indictment and conviction.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- DFW Moments: Delta Flight 191 Crash
- North Texas Christian School In Danger Of Closing Down
- 3 Dead, 4 Injured In Fort Worth Rollover Crash
- Border Patrol Agents Rescue 14 Illegal Aliens Freezing In Desert
- DFW Moments: Ebola Outbreak
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures