Teen Survivor Of Deadly Crash Recovering
FORT WORTH (CBS 11 NEWS) – In an exclusive interview with CBS 11 the parents of 16-year old Brianna Christensen say their daughter is showing signs of improvement following a deadly wreck. The crash killed her friend and school teammate Shyann Hooper, and left her with critical injuries.
It’s been almost a month since the February crash and Shelley Christensen says her daughter is beginning to communicate with the them.
“She is still not moving her left side, and she is not speaking yet. She is writing us notes,” said Christensen.
The two teenagers were leaving a track tryout at Northwest High School in Justin when the driver of a pickup truck slammed into them during icey road conditions.
Brianna’s parents say their daughter knows she was in a wreck, but not much else.
In fact, they tell CBS 11 she doesn’t know her teammate Shyann Copper was killed in the crash.
“Thats a day we will have to address. I’m glad it hasn’t come up yet , but it will and we will have to deal with it,” Brianna’s father, Brian Christensen.
Brianna was doing well enough Thursday evening that she was transferred out of Texas Health Harris Methodist Ft. Worth hospital to another area hospital where she will continue her rehabilitation.
The family thanks the community for all their supports and says they were humbled by the countless well wishes they have received.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Pre Game Playlist: The Side of Tamba Hali You Didn’t Know
- ERCOT Reports Record Week In Electricity Demand
- Woods In Contention At Quicken Loans After 5-Under 66
- MedStar Reports Near Drowning At Hawaiian Falls Water Park In White Settlement
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: July 27-31
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures