DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – Robin Skinner knows the food truck business. She’s the marketing director for Ruthie’s Rolling Café.
Now she’s teaming up with the folks at Sisu Restaurant and Bar in Uptown Dallas to take advantage of one thing it has that every food truck needs — parking space.
“This is prime real estate that’s not being utilized,” said Skinner.
Wade Randolph Hampton is a partner in Sisu. “I was actually walking out in the parking lot one day and I said how am I going to get people to hang out more hours of the day, more hours of the week.”
Together, the two businesses will open a new food truck park, Uptown Truck Stop, on March 19. Sisu’s owners see it as an opportunity to draw more customers. The restaurant’s pool and patio are big attractions, but only during warmer weather.
“I’m walking through an empty parking lot more in winter,” said Hampton.
The new park’s schedule is already filling with food trucks, like Trailercakes, the cupcake company. “It’s a new location and it’s a great location,” said Heather Zidell, Trailercakes’ owner.
Zidell says, food truck parks offer readily available spots, cutting down the work for truck owners. “Instead of getting on the phone, saying, ‘Can I park there? Can I park there?'”
Visitors will have access to the whole property with a chance to grab a cocktail or hit the pool. Organizers call it a win win opportunity for them and the community.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- TxDOT Fixing Hole In A Bridge In Balch Springs
- Garland Police Make Arrest In Stabbing Death
- WSJ: AT&T Reaches Deal To Purchase Time Warner For $80 Billion
- Vegan Brisket? It’s A Thing!
- Grand Prairie Officer, Military Service Members Receive Vehicle Donations
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures