Updated: 8 p.m. Friday
INDIANAPOLIS (CBSDFW.COM) –The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department is asking for the public’s help finding 15-year-old Stephen Kenneth Colbert from Wylie.
He was last seen at Clowes Memorial Hall, on the campus of Butler University, at around 7 p.m., Thursday, according to police.
“I’m trying so hard to keep hope high but as more time goes by its tough,” said Stephen’s father Erick Colbert, who plans to join his wife in Indianapolis Saturday.
Stephen is described as a black male, 5-foot-8-inches tall and 120 pounds. He was wearing a black jacket, orange shirt, and brown khaki pants. He is visiting Indianapolis with the organization Music for All.
Stephen’s father said his son is severely allergic to peanuts.
Wylie sent their top administrators to join the search that they are optimistic will end well.
“We’re hoping he just got on the wrong bus maybe ended up at the wrong hotel and he’s scared to come back because he thinks he’ll be in trouble,” said Ian Halperin with Wylie ISD.
Wylie ISD realeased the following statement:
The Wylie ISD has been in contact with Stephen’s parents and at this time they have asked for prayers for his safe return. In addition, information about Stephen has been posted on Wylie High School’s Facebook page. The event sponsors, Butler University Police and the Indianapolis Metro Police Department have assured us that they are working hard to ensure Stephen’s safe return.
Our thoughts and prayers are for the safe return of Stephen.
Anyone with any information about Stephen may call the police non-emergency number at 317.327.3811 or 911.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Woman Shot Multiple Times At Dallas Apartment Complex
- Ford Recalls Focus Hatchbacks For Latch Release Problem
- Fliers On Campus Seek ‘Sugar Daddies’ For Female Students
- Fan Drops Ring During Yankee Stadium Engagement
- Team Jack Wins NASCAR’s $100,000 Humanitarian Award
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures
15 year old Stephen Colbert has gone missing in Indianapolis while on a Wylie ISD band trip