Would You Ever Unplug From Technology?
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Technology has become an integral part of life. It seems like everything is posted on Facebook or Twitter or Instagram. Nearly everybody is walking around with an iPhone or an iPad or a BlackBerry — sometimes several of these devices — even while on vacation.
You might even be reading this story on your mobile phone.
But while our faces are buried into these electronic devices, have you ever stopped to think about what you could be missing? So many people are shielded from society, only seeing life through social media websites, unable to hear the world around them because of that loud music playing in tiny earbuds.
Friday is the the fifth annual National Day of Unplugging, where people are urged to try going for 24 hours without these modern-day distractions. That means no smartphones, no text messages, no internet. Instead, try talking to people in your community, enjoying a relaxing meal outdoors or reading a book — the kind printed on paper.
- Keller Council Members Deny Atheist Chance To Speak
- Texas Executes Inmate For Killing Man In $8 Robbery
- Plano ISD Apologizes After Football Team Storms Field
- Free Legal Help For Veterans In Dallas This Month
- DISD Board Approves Hiring Michael Hinojosa As New Superintendent
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures