KELLER (CBSDFW.COM) – Drivers in Keller may soon know where police plan on setting up speed traps.
Starting Monday, the department will use Twitter and Facebook to give motorists a heads up about which areas they are targeting.
Last year, officers investigated 321 crashes. That’s a 27 percent increase on the previous year.
They’re hoping the new initiative will encourage drivers to slow down and obey traffic laws.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Police: “Criminal Santa” Gets Stuck In Chimney During Burglary Attempt
- Ex-Wife Of Lorenzen Wright Charged With Murder In 2010 Death
- Major Media Players Start Commission For Sexual Misconduct
- Dallas Officer Arrested For Family Violence Assault
- North Texas Man Gets Surprise In Mail Box From A ‘Secret Santa’
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures