Keller PD Uses Social Media To Reveal Speed Traps
KELLER (CBSDFW.COM) - Drivers in Keller may soon know where police plan on setting up speed traps.
Starting Monday, the department will use Twitter and Facebook to give motorists a heads up about which areas they are targeting.
Last year, officers investigated 321 crashes. That’s a 27 percent increase on the previous year.
They’re hoping the new initiative will encourage drivers to slow down and obey traffic laws.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Hospital Of Dallas Ebola Patients Posts Poor ER Benchmarks
- Man Apprehended After Jumping White House Fence
- Dallas Police Prepare To Test Thousands Of Old Rape Kits
- Ebola Impacts Arlington Couple’s Anniversary Cruise
- New Traffic Signal Style Debuts In Keller
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures