Keller PD Uses Social Media To Reveal Speed Traps
KELLER (CBSDFW.COM) - Drivers in Keller may soon know where police plan on setting up speed traps.
Starting Monday, the department will use Twitter and Facebook to give motorists a heads up about which areas they are targeting.
Last year, officers investigated 321 crashes. That’s a 27 percent increase on the previous year.
They’re hoping the new initiative will encourage drivers to slow down and obey traffic laws.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Tiger’s Plane Spotted In Augusta
- 5 Athletes To Witness Before It’s Too Late
- Historic Garland Home Moving To New Spot
- Vols Hire Former Texas Coach Barnes
- Microsoft Making Cheaper Surface Pro 3
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures