KELLER (CBSDFW.COM) – Drivers in Keller may soon know where police plan on setting up speed traps.
Starting Monday, the department will use Twitter and Facebook to give motorists a heads up about which areas they are targeting.
Last year, officers investigated 321 crashes. That’s a 27 percent increase on the previous year.
They’re hoping the new initiative will encourage drivers to slow down and obey traffic laws.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Law Enforcement Conference Gear Specifically for Females
- I-Team: Feds Consider Kratom Ban
- Will Texas And Texas A&M Rivalry Re-Ignite At TMS?
- Parents Pull Transgender Child From School Amid Bullying Accusations
- Lady Gaga Will Perform During Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures