KELLER (CBSDFW.COM) – Drivers in Keller may soon know where police plan on setting up speed traps.
Starting Monday, the department will use Twitter and Facebook to give motorists a heads up about which areas they are targeting.
Last year, officers investigated 321 crashes. That’s a 27 percent increase on the previous year.
They’re hoping the new initiative will encourage drivers to slow down and obey traffic laws.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Willie Nelson Not “Deathly Ill,” Despite Reports
- Dallas Symphony Performs Version Of “Carpool Karaoke”
- 30 Players: Willson Contreras Ready To Be Cubs Starting Catcher
- Stranded North Texas Woman Rescued After 5 Days Near Grand Canyon
- Lockheed Martin Moving F-16 Production From Fort Worth To South Carolina
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures