DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The man who pleaded guilty to several rapes in Lake Highlands will soon learn his punishment. Cesar Benitez is expected to be sentenced on Friday in Dallas. Judge Ernest White will decide Benitez’s fate.
It was one year ago, between February and March, when Benitez broke into the Lake Highlands homes of three different women, then sexually assaulted them, police said.
Jury selection was already taking place last month for what would have been Benitez’s rape trial. But he pleaded guilty before the trial could begin. Had the trial taken place, a jury would have made the decision about his sentence. Now, that rule rests with Judge White.
Among those expected to testify in the proceedings are the three women who were attacked.
Benitez faces somewhere between five and 99 years in prison.
- Trapped Girl Becomes Symbol For Mexico Quake Rescuers
- Never Say Never: Shania Twain Finds New Voice After Illness
- NCIS Investigating Corpsmen Who Called Babies ‘Mini Satans’
- Parents On Alert After Kids Approached In Hurst & Grapevine
- Report: Hackers Snooping Inside Equifax Since March
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures