KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Malaysia Airlines says it has lost contact with a plane carrying 239 people on its way from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Search and rescue teams are trying to locate the aircraft. China’s state news agency says the plane lost communication over Vietnam.
The Boeing 777-200 aircraft departed Kuala Lumpur at 12:41 a.m. Saturday and was expected to land in Beijing at 6:30 a.m. Saturday.
Airline officials reported that among the 239 on board, four of those are American.
Malaysia Airlines has activated search and rescue teams. However, when looking at the abrupt ending of the flight path (see below), there’s little hope for passengers on board.
Flight 370 was an overnight flight from Kuala Lumpur to to Beijing. The airlines said that the air traffic controller lost contact about two hours into the flight.
Flight arrival boards in Beijing show the flight as simply delayed.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- “Help Me,” Kidnapped Woman Mouths, Is Rescued
- Texas Guard Jones Out Several Games With Wrist Fracture
- He’s A Big Hit! Yankees Get NL MVP Stanton From Marlins
- Reports: Sonny Dykes To Be Named SMU Head Football Coach
- Villanova Hops Over Michigan State For No. 1 In AP Top 25
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures