Pedestrian Struck By TRE Train In Dallas
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A pedestrian was struck Friday by a Trinity Railway Express train in Dallas. The incident happened at about 9:30 a.m. not far from Victory Station.
Mark Ball is a spokesman for Dallas Area Rapid Transit, and explained that the train clearly had the right-of-way in this instance. The man was struck along a portion of track that is fenced off and not accessible by regular foot traffic. Officials have not said why the man was there or how he got to that location.
Authorities had to park their vehicles away from the scene and walk to where the man was injured.
The victim was transported to Parkland Hospital in Dallas. The severity of his injury is not known. Passengers who witnessed the man getting hit are now being interviewed by DART police.
Ball stated that all other TRE trains are continuing along their routes as scheduled, with only this specific train being impacted by the incident.
- Top Federal Health Official Again Visits Dallas
- American Waives Rebooking Charge For Customers With Winter Travel Challenges
- Mexican Man Sentenced For Role In Texas Drug Ring
- After CBS 11 Report, Cones & Signs Now Mark Berry Street Median
- Remodel Gives Dallas Army Veteran A Home Fit For A Hero
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures