Perry Jabs California & New York Over Taxes
Get Breaking News First
OXON HILL, Md. (AP) - Rick Perry says Republican governors like him are leading the nation’s economic recovery.
The Texas leader says governors of Democratic-led states, in contrast, are promoting policies that produce higher taxes, out-of-control pensions and fewer jobs. Perry, a 2012 presidential contender, singled out New York and California as states where taxes are too high. He says that moving trucks don’t even want to go to California.
The Texas governor was the first speaker Friday morning at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference in suburban Maryland. He is among several prospective presidential candidates at the three-day conference.
Perry says the federal government should stick to national defense, foreign policy and delivering the mail — preferably on time and on Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Jacksonville Jaguars Place All Of Their Eggs In Basket Of Blake Bortles
- Former DPD Officer Guilty In Beating Of Suspect Jailed
- Rocket Explodes During Test Flight; No Injuries
- Man Indicted For Aiming Laser Pointer At Aircraft
- Officer’s Association Calling For FWPD Chief’s Resignation
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures