DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A fight outside of a Dallas nightclub led to a shooting that left one man injured and a suspect in police custody. The incident started at around 2:30 a.m. on Friday in a parking lot near Harvard Street and Pacific Avenue.
According to authorities, a group of people were arguing with the victim when one of them retrieved a gun from a vehicle and shot the man in the lower back. The gunshot was heard by off-duty officers who rushed toward the area and found the victim on the ground in pain, with several people in the crowd still yelling at him.
The suspect has been identified as 23-year-old Raquel Padilla. She was arrested at the scene and reportedly told police, “I shot him.”
Padilla is now behind bars, charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
The name of the victim has not been released. He was transported to Baylor Medical Center at Dallas and is now in stable condition.
- Body Recovered From Sunday Drowning
- Vigil Held For Aledo Teen Who Died After Basketball Practice
- Mansfield Acknowleding Painful Past
- Court: Texas Death Row Inmate May Have Faked Mental Illness
- Up To 2,000 Fans Greet HGTV Stars In The Colony
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures