One Dead, Squad Car Hit In Messy Overnight Crash
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - One man was killed and a Dallas County Sheriff’s Deputy squad car was hit after a messy overnight crash around 1:40 a.m. Sunday on eastbound I-30 near Dolphin Road.
Authorities say a man was killed on scene after he was struck by up to two cars.
The man was driving a blue 2006 Honda Civic with no passengers, and crashed into the retaining wall of the left side HOV lane just past Dolphin Road.
The driver then left the vehicle, in an unknown condition, and attempted to walk or run westbound along I-30.
The man was then struck by possibly two vehicles. Three total vehicles were at the scene, including the vehicle of the killed man.
The driver’s identity has yet to be released, and the investigation into the accident is ongoing.
Charges have not been filed, and it is uncertain if any will be at this time.
In addition to the fatal accident, a squad car at the scene that was blocking the wreck was struck by a fourth car.
Deputies have identified that driver as Hakeem Muhammad, 27, and arrested him for possession of marijuana under 2 oz.
The squad car is said to have minimal damage.
Muhammad reportedly crossed the line of flares set out by officers to deter traffic around the initial wreck.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Pier 1 Imports Misses Q2 Forecasts
- Amazon Debuts New E-Readers & Tablets
- Texas A&M To Dedicate Flu Vaccine Center
- Drag Queens Battle Facebook Over Names
- Appeals Court Overturns ‘Improper Photo’ Ban
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures