EULESS (CBSDFW.COM) – A woman is in custody for suspected intoxication manslaughter after a man was killed in a crash around 5:13 a.m. Sunday near W. Pipeline Road and Westpark Way.
The man has been identified as 20-year-old Brandon Bennett of Hurst.
Bennett died at 7:00 a.m. from the injuries he sustained in the crash, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s website.
Bennett had been taken to Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital of Hurst-Euless-Bedford. Records indicate he died in the hospital’s emergency room.
The driver of the second vehicle is a 29-year-old woman, who was taken to Harris Hospital in Fort Worth.
The woman was treated for minor injuries and then released to police custody. She has not be identified at this time.
The investigation is ongoing, and it is unclear if charges have been brought against the woman.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Officer Known For Helping Others Needs Support
- Wounded Marine To Climb Mount Kilimanjaro
- Middle-Schoolers Ceremoniously Vote To Remove Confederate General’s Name From School
- Horse Center Founder Explains Why He Shut Down Special Needs Program
- Exclusive Interview: Tony Romo Talks Surgery, Downplays Injury
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures