Smart Named To Big 12 Coaches Team
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) – Oklahoma State’s Marcus Smart has been named first-team All-Big 12 in voting by the conference coaches.
Smart is joined on the first team announced Sunday by conference Player of the Year Melvin Ejim of Iowa State; ISU’s DeAndre Kane; Kansas’ Andrew Wiggins and Juwan Staten of West Virginia. Smart was also named to the conference’s All-Defensive team.
The Cowboys’ Phil Forte and Oklahoma’s Tyler Neal share the Sixth Man Award.
OSU’s Markel Brown and OU’s Buddy Hield were named to the second team and OU’s Cameron Clark was named to the third team in the voting in which coaches are not allowed to vote for their own players.
Texas’ Rick Barnes was selected Coach of the Year.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Wrong-Way Drivers Caught On Video Leaving AT&T Stadium
- Salmonella Tied To Cucumbers Sickens 9 In Texas
- Damaging Spring Floods Still Affecting Lakeside Businesses
- Tourist Accused Of Keying The Alamo Arrested
- Public Shows Support For Police During ‘Back The Blue’
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures