AUSTIN (AP) – NSA leaker Edward Snowden is getting ready to speak at this year’s South By Southwest Interactive Festival.
But the former NSA contractor won’t appear in person at the conference in Austin on Monday.
He’ll participate remotely via video as Snowden remains in Moscow where he’s living in temporary asylum.
Snowden faces felony charges in the U.S. after revealing the agency’s mass surveillance program by leaking thousands of classified documents to media outlets.
Christopher Soghoian, principal technologist at the American Civil Liberties Union, will be speaking to Snowden along with Snowden’s legal adviser, the ACLU’s Ben Wizner.
Fugitive WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange spoke at the conference in a similar manner on Saturday. Assange is living in asylum at the Ecuadorean embassy in London.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family Overcomes Grief, Shares Inspiring Adoption Story
- Sanitary Sewers Overflowing In Plano
- Michigan Outlasts Texas 78-72 In Bahamas
- Arlington PD Running “No Refusal” Plan Thanksgiving Weekend
- Blair Wins 700th Game As No. 10 Texas A&M Women Beat Cal
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures