DALLAS (AP) – The Dallas Stars have called up goaltender Cristopher Nilstorp from Texas of the American Hockey League while they figure out the extent of Kari Lehtonen’s head injury.
Lehtonen was injured in the third period Saturday night in a win over Minnesota when Erik Haula ran over him and knocked off Lehtonen’s helmet.
Stars coach Lindy Ruff said Sunday that Lehtonen was “not doing that well” after saying after the game that his goalie likely had a concussion. The team didn’t update Lehtonen’s condition any further.
Tim Thomas, acquired in a trade with Florida at the deadline last week, replaced Lehtonen and got the win when the Stars scored twice in the final 10 minutes to beat the Wild 4-3. He’s likely to start Monday night against Columbus, with Nilstorp backing him up.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Robert Williams Staying With Texas A&M For Second Season
- Hurricane Harvey’s Toxic Aftermath More Impactful Than Thought
- Yu Darvish Limits Rangers To 3 Hits Over 6 Innings In Spring Game
- Source Says Cowboys Have Reached Deal With LB Joe Thomas
- Experts: Video Shows Uber System Had Time To Brake
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures