KANSAS CITY, Missouri. (CBSDFW.COM) – March Madness kicks off Wednesday at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Missouri for the 2014 Phillips 66 Big 12 Men’s Basketball Championship.
The first round will open Wednesday with No.8 Oklahoma State taking on the No. 9 Texas Tech. The second game of the night will feature No. 7 Baylor vs No. 10 TCU.
Thursday quarterfinals will begin with No. 4 Iowa State vs No. 5 Kansas State. Game 4 will feature top seeded Kansas facing the winner of the first round winner between OSU and Tech.
No. 2 Oklahoma will be the first of the Thursday night games and will battle the winner of the first round playoff between Baylor and TCU.
The quarterfinals close out Thursday night with No. 3 Texas taking on No. 6 West Virginia.
The two semi-final games are set for Friday night with the Finals scheduled for Saturday March 15.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
*Listen to Texas Longhorn basketball locally on 1080 KRLD
- Much Trade Chatter Heading Into NHL Draft In Dallas
- Confusion Swirls On Border After Trump Reversal On Families
- From Dirk To Doncic, Mavs Go Euro With Rebuild Again
- Trump Jabbed First, And Now World Hits Back In Trade Fight
- Pentagon To Provide Space At Military Bases For 20,000 Migrant Children
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures