Big 12 Men’s Basketball Tournament Begins Wednesday
KANSAS CITY, Missouri. (CBSDFW.COM) – March Madness kicks off Wednesday at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Missouri for the 2014 Phillips 66 Big 12 Men’s Basketball Championship.
The first round will open Wednesday with No.8 Oklahoma State taking on the No. 9 Texas Tech. The second game of the night will feature No. 7 Baylor vs No. 10 TCU.
Thursday quarterfinals will begin with No. 4 Iowa State vs No. 5 Kansas State. Game 4 will feature top seeded Kansas facing the winner of the first round winner between OSU and Tech.
No. 2 Oklahoma will be the first of the Thursday night games and will battle the winner of the first round playoff between Baylor and TCU.
The quarterfinals close out Thursday night with No. 3 Texas taking on No. 6 West Virginia.
The two semi-final games are set for Friday night with the Finals scheduled for Saturday March 15.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
*Listen to Texas Longhorn basketball locally on 1080 KRLD
- Security Changes For DFW Airport After Weekend Scare
- Father Opens Neurological Recovery Center To Help Son Walk Again
- Lawyers: Immigrant Mothers In Texas Coerced To Wear Ankle Monitors
- Texan Has Rare Condition That Makes It Hard To Eat Or Drink
- Boy Scout Board Approves End To Blanket Ban On Gay Adults
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures