DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Emergency crews in Dallas responded to a fire at an apartment complex early Tuesday afternoon. The incident happened at about 11:30 a.m. at the Sienna Apartments, located in the 9400 block of Skillman Street.
The first firefighters at the scene reported seeing flames shooting from the roof of a two-story apartment building. Most residents had already evacuated, but there were concerns that other people may have still been inside. Additional crews were called to help assist in any possible rescue efforts.
But nobody else was found inside of the burning building, and there were no reports of injuries in this incident.
Dallas Fire-Rescue had the blaze extinguished within an hour. Investigators are now looking into the cause of the fire. Officials did say that it started in the second floor unit and moved to an outer balcony area. The flames then reached an attic space.
The building included a total of eight apartment units. All of them have been deemed uninhabitable by fire officials, due to fire, smoke and water damage. There has been no word yet on how many people are impacted by the blaze.
- Family Overcomes Grief, Shares Inspiring Adoption Story
- Sanitary Sewers Overflowing In Plano
- Michigan Outlasts Texas 78-72 In Bahamas
- Arlington PD Running “No Refusal” Plan Thanksgiving Weekend
- Blair Wins 700th Game As No. 10 Texas A&M Women Beat Cal
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures