DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) –– Dallas Stars center Rich Peverley is resting comfortably at a Dallas hospital and is currently undergoing tests to determine what triggered his cardiac event Monday night.
Peverley was rushed from the bench by coaches and medical personnel after he collapsed early in the first period. Doctors were able to successfully treat Peverley for a “cardiac event”. Peverley then asked to return to the game, according to head coach Lindy Ruff.
The game was initially suspended as Peverley’s condition was assessed by team personnel. After roughly 30 minutes, the game was postponed until a later date, which has not been announced.
Stars general manager Jim Nill released the following statement on Tuesday.
“Rich Peverley is resting comfortably and being monitored at UT Southwestern St. Paul. He is currently undergoing testing to discover what triggered the cardiac event last night.
The focus of all the testing and monitoring is being dedicated to finding the cause of the event and a long-term solution to rectify the problem.
We do not have any more specifics at the moment.
Rich has been communicating with his teammates and friends. He is extremely grateful for all of the prayers and support that he’s received from fans and friends alike.”
The team will hold a press conference on Wednesday, along with the UT Southwestern doctors, to give an update on the situation.
The 31-year-old missed the entire preseason and first game of the season due to an irregular heartbeat condition. He also missed a March 4th game at Columbus for the same condition.
The team continues play on Tuesday night in St. Louis.
The Stars are currently working with the league to determine scheduling arrangements for Monday’s postponed game, which has playoff implications in both the Eastern and Western conferences.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Beckham, Marshall Being Listed As Day To Day By Giants
- Former Fort Worth Drama Teacher Sentenced On Child Porn Charge
- Man Indicted For 2nd Capital Murder In North Texas
- NBA Rookies Say Dennis Smith Jr. Is Favorite To Win Rookie Of The Year
- Search For Man Accused Of Shooting Cedar Hill Jogger
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures