Stars’ Peverley Out For Season After Collapse
Buy Stars Tickets
Dallas Stars CentralShop for Dallas Stars Gear
Buy Dallas Stars Tickets
DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW/AP) – Dallas Stars forward Rich Peverley will not play again this season after he collapsed on the bench during a game earlier this week.
One of Peverley’s doctors said at a news conference Wednesday that the 31-year-old will undergo a procedure a the Cleveland Clinic that was originally planned for after the season. He was diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat in training camp.
Peverley spoke briefly and thanked the team medical staff for saving his life.
Dr. Robert Dimeff said Peverley’s playing status beyond this season is unknown.
Peverley missed a game last week before going down in the first period Monday against Columbus, stunning players and fans.
After collapsing, Peverley was stabilized by doctors after being unresponsive for 15 seconds.
At a press conference Wednesday, team doctors said they began chest compressions once he collapsed and could not be revived. A minute later an AED (Automated External Defibrillator) was used to restore his pulse.
He was later taken to a Dallas hospital where he was listed in stable condition after undergoing tests.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Murder Suspect Search Sends Schools Into Soft Lock Down
- Battle Over Multi-Use Little League Baseball Field At School
- First Wave Of Lawsuits Filed In Deadly SXSW Crash
- Report: Mavs Acquire Rajon Rondo From Celtics
- Sketch Released Of Suspect In Waco TV Weatherman Shooting
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures