EL PASO, Texas (AP) – Freshman Jonathan Stark scored 21 points as Tulane rallied from a 13-point second-half deficit to beat North Texas 66-61 in the second round of the Conference USA tournament on Wednesday.
Tulane trailed the entire game until Kevin Thomas’ free throw gave the Green Wave a 52-51 lead with 6:36 left. Thomas’ make capped a 15-3 run, highlighted by 3-pointers from Jay Hook, Tre Drye and two by Cameron Reynolds.
Hook finished with 11 points and grabbed eight rebounds for Tulane (17-15). Drye had nine points and 11 boards for the Green Wave. Tulane made 48.9 percent of its shots, including 9 of 17 3-pointers and held a 36-25 rebounding advantage.
North Texas (16-16) was led by Brandan Walton with 16 points, Maurice Aniefiok’s 12 and Colin Voss’ 10. Walton missed a game-tying 3-pointer with 3 seconds left.
Tulane will face No. 2 seed Tulsa on Thursday in the quarterfinals.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police Hunt For TV Thief Wearing ‘I’m Broke Baby’ T-Shirt
- Did Today’s Eclipse Pass You By? There’s Another One In 7 Years
- Judge Denies Witness Chance To View Eclipse
- Alabama Starts Atop AP Poll For 2nd Straight Year
- Fan Essentials: What’s Most Exciting About The Mayweather-McGregor Fight?
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures