Tulane Comes Back To Beat North Texas 66-61 In CUSA Tournament
EL PASO, Texas (AP) – Freshman Jonathan Stark scored 21 points as Tulane rallied from a 13-point second-half deficit to beat North Texas 66-61 in the second round of the Conference USA tournament on Wednesday.
Tulane trailed the entire game until Kevin Thomas’ free throw gave the Green Wave a 52-51 lead with 6:36 left. Thomas’ make capped a 15-3 run, highlighted by 3-pointers from Jay Hook, Tre Drye and two by Cameron Reynolds.
Hook finished with 11 points and grabbed eight rebounds for Tulane (17-15). Drye had nine points and 11 boards for the Green Wave. Tulane made 48.9 percent of its shots, including 9 of 17 3-pointers and held a 36-25 rebounding advantage.
North Texas (16-16) was led by Brandan Walton with 16 points, Maurice Aniefiok’s 12 and Colin Voss’ 10. Walton missed a game-tying 3-pointer with 3 seconds left.
Tulane will face No. 2 seed Tulsa on Thursday in the quarterfinals.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- I-35 Express Project Should Bring Needed Relief
- Texans File Suit Over Bar-B-Que Smoke Smell
- ‘Animated’ Dez Bryant Explains Fight With Tyler Patmon At Cowboys Camp
- Officials: Teen Arrested After Patrol Car Set Afire In Texas
- GOP Hopeful Ted Cruz To Visit Tupelo, Olive Branch Aug. 11
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures