AUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM) – The Blood and Tissue Center of Central Texas was running low on donations before Thursday morning’s deadly crash but has received support since asking for help.
Austin KEYE-TV Morning Meteorologist Allison Miller donated blood alongside dozen of others who wanted to help the more than 20 victims.
Other people, including police proactively made pleas for blood donations via social media.
Jordan Brown of Austin rolled up his sleeves and then urged others to help via Twitter.
♦♦♦ More SXSW Deadly Crash Coverage ♦♦♦
Anyone who is 17 or older who wants to donate may do so with a photo ID at their local blood bank.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Bribery Allegations Shake Up Dallas County Political Race
- Dallas Area Leaders Pumped To Be An Amazon Headquarters Finalist
- Another Case Of Rare Side Effect In Some Children Who Take Tamiflu
- Approximately 175 Homes Without Gas Service After Line Damaged In Garland
- Patriots’ Brady Misses Practice With Right Hand Injury
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures