AUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM) – The Blood and Tissue Center of Central Texas was running low on donations before Thursday morning’s deadly crash but has received support since asking for help.
Austin KEYE-TV Morning Meteorologist Allison Miller donated blood alongside dozen of others who wanted to help the more than 20 victims.
Other people, including police proactively made pleas for blood donations via social media.
Jordan Brown of Austin rolled up his sleeves and then urged others to help via Twitter.
♦♦♦ More SXSW Deadly Crash Coverage ♦♦♦
Anyone who is 17 or older who wants to donate may do so with a photo ID at their local blood bank.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fire At Historic San Antonio Hotel Disrupts Wedding
- Environmental Groups Raise Concerns Over Texas Oil Find
- Coaches Pick Cincinnati To Win American Athletic Conference
- SpaceX’s Elon Musk Elaborates On Plan To Colonize Mars
- Five Things: Cubs And Indians Reach World Series
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures