IRVING, Texas (AP) – The Dallas Cowboys have signed free agent linebacker and special teams player Will Herring.
The eighth-year pro spent the past three seasons with New Orleans after starting his career with four years in Seattle. He was a fifth-round pick by the Seahawks in 2007.
Herring played in all 16 games the past two seasons with the Saints, but made just two starts. He has 10 starts in 97 career games, with 72 tackles and one sack.
The addition of the 30-year-old Herring comes a day after the Cowboys added veteran defensive linemen Terrell McClain and Jeremy Mincey.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Softball Series Teaches Players Powerful Lessons In Overcoming Adversity
- Mother Pleads For Justice After Son Gunned Down In Oak Cliff
- Texas Lawmakers OK Budget But ‘Bathroom Bill’ Still In Limbo
- Texas Approves Bill To Allow Guns Near School In Parked Cars
- DeSoto Native Errol Spence Jr Takes IBF World Welterweight Title
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures