FRISCO (AP) – FC Dallas has signed defender Matt Hedges to a multiyear contract extension.
Hedges was a first-round draft pick in 2012 and had career and team highs with 33 games and 32 starts last season. He scored three goals in both 2012 and 2013.
The 23-year-old played in 54 straight games from May 2012 to October 2013, the second-longest streak in franchise history. The longest streak was David Ferreira’s 66-game run.
Hedges helped North Carolina win the 2011 NCAA title as a senior.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Walgreens, Rite Aid Revise Store Purchase Deal To $4.38B
- Jerry Jones Admits Not Always On ‘Same Side’ As Commissioner Goodell
- Hollywood, L.A. Light Up Twitter After Small Quake
- Hurricane Maria Lashes Dominica, Menaces Other Islands
- MLB Home Run Record On Track To Fall Tuesday
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures