Texas A&M And UCLA To Play Openers In 2016, ’17
COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP) – UCLA and Texas A&M have agreed to a home-and-home series, with the Bruins making their first trip to Kyle Field in 2016 and the Aggies visiting the Rose Bowl in 2017.
Both games will be season openers.
The Bruins and Aggies have played four previous times. The last time was in the 1998 Cotton Bowl. They played three times in California (1940, ’51 and ’55).
Texas A&M will be playing its first regular-season game on the West Coast since 1992, when the Aggies beat Stanford in Anaheim, Calif.
UCLA also announced it has rescheduled its home-and-home with Rutgers to accommodate the Texas A&M series and agreed to a series with San Diego State for 2019 and 2020. The Bruins and Scarlet Knights will now play in 2020 and 2021.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Abbott Signs Pre-K Boost, But Work Remains For Republicans
- Drones Help Parker County Scope Out Flood Damage
- Hamilton Homecoming: 2010 AL MVP Back In Texas On Home Team
- Texas Company Needs OK From Landowners To Build Pipeline
- Adrian Peterson Lashes Out At Vikings On Twitter
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures