Hatcher Said Cowboys ‘Didn’t Show Any Signs Of Wanting Me Back’
DALLAS, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) – Fresh off the news that he signed a contract with the Washington Redskins, former Dallas Cowboys DT Jason Hatcher spoke with 105.3 The Fan’s Ben & Skin Show about the free agency process and what he’s looking forward to with his new team.
“They didn’t show any signs of wanting me back” Hatcher said of the Cowboys. “I made the right decision for me. If we could have made it work out, we would have.”
Hatcher spent the first five seasons of his career with the Cowboys as a backup before breaking into the starting lineup in 2011.
He was originally the right defensive end in Cowboys’ 3-4 front before switching to defensive tackle when they went with a 4-3 front this past season. Hatcher led the Cowboys with 11 sacks in 2013.
Hatcher admitted he was also negotiating with the Oakland Raiders, “but they couldn’t reach the numbers.”
The 31-year-old Louisiana native was drafted out of Grambling State by the Cowboys with the 92nd overall pick in the third round of the 2006 NFL Draft.
“I appreciate everything Jerry Jones and his family did for me, his organization and the fans – they’ve always been behind me, but things change” said Hatcher.
He finishes his Cowboys career with 27 sacks and 205 combined tackles in 42 career starts. Hatcher made his first and only Pro Bowl appearance in 2013.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 5 Burning Questions For The 2015-16 NHL Season
- This Week In College Football: What’s Wrong With Ohio State?
- TNF Fantasy Starters: Colts Vs. Texans – Who To Play, Who To Pass
- Gallardo Goes Home Before ALDS Opener
- 7 Reasons To Hate Toronto…or Maybe Dislike Them Some
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures