DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A teenage girl was shot in the arm late Thursday night after a disturbance in northeast Dallas.
Police said that more than 20 teens and young people were hanging around an apartment building in the 9700 block of Forest Lane, near Audelia Road, just before midnight. For some reason, the teens began to fight. A male suspect pulled out a gun and started firing shots. The girl was struck in the arm.
The victim went to the hospital on her own and was later interviewed by police. She is expected to be okay.
The suspect was taken into custody. Police have not identified a motive behind the fight or the shooting. No names have been released in this case.
- Jury Finds Antonio Cochran Guilty In Zoe Hastings’ Murder
- Thousands March In North Texas For Women’s Rights
- Oscar Winner Dorothy Malone, ‘Peyton Place’ Mom, Dies In Dallas
- Dallas Fire Truck Working Accident Hit By Big Rig
- Government Shuts Down After Senate Fails To Reach A Deal
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures