IRVING, Texas (AP) – Free agent linebacker Will Herring isn’t joining the Dallas Cowboys after all.
The team reported the signing on its website Thursday, but said Friday the deal was off in “a mutual parting of the ways that had to do with the language of the contract.”
Herring figured to be a prominent part of special teams for the Cowboys after the eighth-year player excelled in that role for New Orleans.
The 30-year-old Herring was with Seattle his first four years in the league before spending the past three seasons with the Saints. He’s made 10 starts in 97 career games.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Anti-White Supremacists Rally Will Have Heavy Police Presence
- Confederate Monuments Removed Or Vandalized Across US
- NASA-Approved Solar Eclipse Glasses Harder To Find
- Celtics To Retire Paul Pierce’s No. 34
- Kindergarten Kids All Smiles About New Academic Journey
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures