FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A Fort Worth man is wondering why someone targeted his car, apparently shooting at him as he drove his car at the intersection of Beach Street near Long Street early Friday morning.
“I was just doing what I normally do,” said shooting victim Robert Sparks. “I’m a law abiding citizen. I don’t try to break the law or anything. So there’s no reason why anyone would take a shot at me that I know of.”
But apparently, someone did shoot at Sparks as he was driving to his job at a Christian publishing house Friday morning.
“It was like my windshield exploded,” Sparks said. “And I noticed there was a hole in it so I looked, or felt, because there was immediate pain in this area.”
Sparks said the bullet entered just below his neck and lodged below his shoulder.
If it had struck him a few inches in the other direction, “Oh, I’d be dead,” Sparks said. “I’d be dead. Its the grace of God.”
Police said this seems to be an isolated incident, but they have few clues to go on right now. They did find some shell casings, but they may have been too far away to have been fired from the gun that shot at Sparks.
“Chances are they didn’t have anything to do with this case, but they collected them anyway because they were somewhat close to the area,” said Cpl. Tracey Knight with the Fort Worth Police Department. “So, we could use the public’s assistance on this one.”
“I wanted to go to work, that’s all I wanted to do,” Sparks said.
Baffled by why anyone would want to shoot at passing cars, Sparks said he knows what he would tell the gunman.
“What would I say? He needs to get Christ,” Sparks said. “He needs to get Christ. Violence isn’t the answer. Christ is.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- New Potential Burden For Houston Homeowners: Higher Taxes
- 4 Hospitalized After Acid Exposure At Bulk Mail Center
- Damontre Moore Ready To ‘Pedal’ Into Cowboys Lineup
- Halloween Display In East Tennessee Prompts Sheriff’s Department Warning
- Officer Shoots, Kills Suspect At Apartment Complex In Rockwall
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures