Man Shot While Driving In Fort Worth
Get Breaking News First
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - A man was driving in north Fort Worth on Friday morning when a bullet came flying through his windshield. The incident happened at about 8:30 a.m. along Long Avenue, near Beach Street.
The 49-year-old driver was heading east when something crashed through his front window and struck him in the neck. Still unaware of exactly what had happened, the victim managed to call 911 on his own for assistance. He was rushed to JPS Hospital in Fort Worth with serious injuries.
Medical personnel at the scene were not sure if the object was a bullet or simply a rock, but it had penetrated the unidentified victim’s neck and chest.
Police conducted an investigation and found shell casings in the area, confirming that it was a bullet which had gone through the car’s windshield. However, authorities have not been able to locate the weapon or possible gunman.
- Scotland Rejects Independence
- Tornado Sirens Malfunction; Disrupt Neighborhood
- DISD Fires Coach For Alleged Involvement In Illegal Recruiting
- Exploding Shower Doors A Problem In Texas & Nationwide
- Restaurant Logo Removed 1 Day After Public Outcry
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures