Missing Pregnant Mother Found Dead In Dallas
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – One week after she went missing, a pregnant Dallas woman was found dead about two miles from the location where she was last seen.
On the morning of March 14 the body of an unidentified black female was found in the 1200 block of Presidio Avenue. The Dallas County Medical Examiner’s office later positively identified the body as that of D’Lisa Kelley.
After days of searching for the woman Dallas police Lieutenant Max Geron said, “This is now a homicide investigation.”
Kelley, who was also mother to a young son, was last seen late in the afternoon on March 7. According to police, the pregnant 24-year-old headed out from a friend’s home to attend a wake, but never showed up.
One person reported to authorities that Kelley made an unintentional call on her cellphone some time after leaving the friend’s home. Sounds of an argument could be heard in the background. The call disconnected and Kelley could not be reached after.
Authorities have not released Kelley’s cause of death.
Police are now asking that anyone who may have seen anything suspicious on March 7 or has information about Kelley’s murder to contact Dallas police at 214-671-4268.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas High School Recalls Yearbooks Due To ‘Inappropriate Material’
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: May 18th-May 22nd
- Dallas Teen Gets Maximum Sentence For Drowning Baby
- North Texas Man Set To Die June 3 Loses Federal Appeal
- Suspect In Kidnapping, Death Of Texas Clerk Indicted
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures