DALLAS (KRLD) — “I’ve been trying to get over this, I’ve been up for three days,” says Lola Wrigley, the mother of 19-year-old Jarvis Fisher, one of two men accused of raping a deaf 13-year-old girl in their garage.
Wrigley, 60 — who is confined to a wheelchair — says she was home when the alleged assault happened but didn’t see or hear anything unusual.
“Don’t you think I would’ve heard it — if she would’ve screamed. I would’ve heard it. I can’t walk; I’m not deaf.”
Wrigley has been plagued by several health issues over the years and says Fisher would cook for her, bathe her and even help her to go the bathroom. She says he had been hanging out with a bad crowd lately and had warned Fisher about it.
“I said Jarvis, if you get hurt out in the field… I can’t come see you. I said if you get shot and you breathe your last breath man, I can’t come out there and hug you. And if you go to jail, how am I gonna come down there and I’m in this wheel chair. You supposed to take care of me.”
In an arrest warrant affidavit, Jarvis Fisher confessed to police that he and 20-year-old Lucas Martin sexually assaulted the teenage girl, something that Wrigley is still trying to wrap her mind around.
“I’m so sorry for the mother if my son done that, I hope she has sympathy for me like I have sympathy for her because I can’t handle it.”
She worries about what may happen to her son in jail, especially after news reports that the mother of the teenage victim had wished that Fisher were dead.
“Things do happen to kids that have never been to jail. That hurt me so bad to hear someone that know my son wish he were dead.”
Ultimately Wrigley says she wants forgiveness for her son.
“I ask god to forgive me. Jarvis got to get on his knees and ask for his own forgiveness. He got to pray and repent of whatever he did and let god work with that.”
Fisher and Martin remain in the Dallas County Jail charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child. Bail has been set at $125,000.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- New York’s ‘Fearless Girl’ Statue Is Moving To New Location
- American Teachers Use Social Media In Uprisings, Fight For Funding
- First Saudi Movie Theater Opens With Popcorn And ‘Black Panther’
- Corey Chavous Says Bradley Chubb Is Top Prospect In NFL Draft
- FAA Orders Fan Blade Inspections After Jet Engine Explosion
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures