Dallas Officer Unharmed After Allegedly Shot At Twice
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A Dallas police officer was allegedly shot at twice around 12:30 a.m. Saturday in the Pleasant Grove area.
The shooting happened in a public alley along the 9500 block of Kerrville St. The residential road lies between Military Parkway and Scyene Road.
Officers were responding to a call regarding a stolen vehicle. Police say the suspect in the case was not at the scene when officers arrived, but returned and threw a rock at officers.
When police went to chase the suspect, they were led into a backyard area.
It was in the backyard area that two shots from a handgun rang out towards officers.
Spokesman Juan Fernandez said the DPD officers did not return fire. The suspect escaped from the officers chasing him and has yet to be apprehended.
The officers were not wounded, according to police records, but one reported he felt “fear for his life.”
The incident is under investigation.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Allen Helps No. 14 Aggies Over No. 21 Bulldogs 30-17
- Former Fort Worth Councilwoman Dies Abroad
- Abilene Air Force Captain Among Those Killed In Plane Crash
- SMU Falls To East Carolina 49-23
- Pedestrian Hit By Car, Dies
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures