HURST (CBSDFW.COM) – Police say an intoxicated man hit a Hurst officer with a minivan and drove directly towards another around 5:53 p.m. Saturday.
The incident happened after two officers responded to a call regarding an intoxicated person at the Dakota Place apartments in the 400 block of East Hurst Blvd.
A 27-year-old man was located by officers at the scene. It is unclear if the man was already located in the driver’s seat of a minivan when officers arrived, or made if he made his way to the vehicle while the officers were present.
As one of the officers was standing in the minivan’s doorway, the suspect attempted to drive away.
By doing this, one of the officers was hit by the car and received a “minor abrasion” on his arm, according to police.
The man then drove the minivan toward the other responding officer, police say, prompting the officer to fire his gun at the suspect.
The 27-year-old was struck once in the upper body, and has been taken to an area hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
An investigation into the case is ongoing, and both officers have been placed on routine administrative leave.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Police Officers Drop The Puck To Raise Money For Child Fighting Terminal Disease
- School Threats Increasing In North Texas Since Florida School Shooting
- Dallas Mayor Calls Out Judges To Do Better Job At Taking Away Abuser’s Guns
- Nearly 2 Dozen Homes Flooded Near Rockwall Lake
- Dez Bryant: I Promise You I’m Going To Shut A Lot Of People Up
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures