FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A man has been arrested after police say he hit a woman with his car, killing her, around 10 p.m. Saturday in the 4300 block of Berke St. at Seminary Road.
Officers received a call regarding a woman laying in the roadway near the Southgate Manor apartments. Upon arrival, they discovered the woman had been hit by car.
The woman, who has only been identified as 52 years old, was transported to an area hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The man who police say hit the woman with his car has been identified as Pedro Garcia, 33.
Police say Garcia struck the woman, who was walking along the road, and failed to stop and help her.
Since Garcia had fled the scene, police put out a BOLO alert for a silver Chrysler 300.
FWPD later found Garcia, and arrested him for accident involving a serious bodily injury or death, a 3rd degree felony in the state of Texas.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- This Week In Golf: Spieth Puts It Together To Win Dean & DeLuca Invitational
- Lundquist To Step Down From “SEC On CBS” After 2016
- 15 Arlington Police Placed On Leave Over Accuracy Of Reporting Traffic Stops
- Boy Hurt In Dallas Dog Attack
- When Top Prospects Get The Call, What Should Fantasy Baseball Owners Do?
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures