Man Arrested In Fatal Fort Worth Hit And Run
Get Breaking News First
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - A man has been arrested after police say he hit a woman with his car, killing her, around 10 p.m. Saturday in the 4300 block of Berke St. at Seminary Road.
Officers received a call regarding a woman laying in the roadway near the Southgate Manor apartments. Upon arrival, they discovered the woman had been hit by car.
The woman, who has only been identified as 52 years old, was transported to an area hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The man who police say hit the woman with his car has been identified as Pedro Garcia, 33.
Police say Garcia struck the woman, who was walking along the road, and failed to stop and help her.
Since Garcia had fled the scene, police put out a BOLO alert for a silver Chrysler 300.
FWPD later found Garcia, and arrested him for accident involving a serious bodily injury or death, a 3rd degree felony in the state of Texas.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Second Year For Eddie Lacy Could Push Packers To NFL’s Most Balanced Offense
- Texas Tech Extends Kingsbury Through 2020
- Border Patrol Agent Fires At Armed Militia Member
- Football: Guyer, Allen Face Off In Denton
- Woman Sips Toxic Tea At Dickey’s Barbeque & Survives
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures