DALLAS, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) – Blue-chip recruit Myles Turner is closing in on a decision to sign with the SMU basketball program, a source close to the process tells 105.3 The Fan.
Turner, a 6-11 center from Euless Trinity High School, has also been linked to Duke, Ohio State, Kansas and Oklahoma State.
Considered a “one-and-done” candidate by scouts (meaning Turner is good enough to play college basketball for one season before declaring for the NBA), a Turner pairing with fellow DFW product Emmanuel Mudiay, a Prime Prep product rated the top point guard in the country, would continue coach Larry Brown’s notable turnaround of a Mustangs program that before this year hadn’t been ranked in the Top 25 since the 1984-85 season.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Kentucky Falls Out Of AP Top 25 Poll For 1st Time Since 2014
- 3 Board Members Quit USA Gymnastics As More Victims Speak
- Jason Witten Added To Pro Bowl Roster
- Which States Are Most Affected By The Government Shutdown?
- Major Grass Fires In North Texas; Some Evacuations Ordered
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures