DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A man was killed in a single-car crash after police say he sped out of control around 2:50 a.m. Sunday along 8300 Garland Rd.
The driver, who was alone, has been identified as 20-year-old Jose Monroy of Garland.
Police say Monroy was speeding and lost control of the 2007, white four-door Chevy he was driving.
Monroy’s vehicle was in the middle lane of traffic and sped out of control counter clockwise. The car then went onto a curb and skidded until it collided with a guardrail and a tree.
The 20-year-old was pronounced dead on the scene, inside the car.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Officials Locate Missing Boy’s Body In Brazos River
- Sandler: Yu Returns, Mazara Goes Big As Rangers Train Rolls
- US Home Prices Rise In March As Spring Buying Season Begins
- What Would Be Cowboys’ Motivation In Trading Leary?
- FWISD Talks Transgender Rules As State Works On Policy
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures