Stars, Blue Jackets Game Rescheduled After Peverley’s Emergency
FRISCO (CBSDFW.COM) – The Dallas Stars and Columbus Blue Jackets game that was halted when Stars player Rich Peverley had a medical emergency has been rescheduled for 7:30 p.m. CT on April 9 at the American Airlines Center.
The game will begin with a score of 1-0, with the Blue Jackets ahead. That’s the score when the clock stopped on Monday with 6 minutes and 23 seconds left in the first period.
“The original game will be played for a full 60 minutes of regulation time, plus any potential overtime and shootout,” a press release read.
The Blue Jacket’s leading score will be attributed to Nathan Horton, with assists to Matt Calvert and James Wisniewski.
“All other statistics will be expunged,” the release read.
The decision, according to Dallas Stars media relations, mirrors actions the NHL took in rescheduling the postponed game between the Detroit Red Wings and Nashville Predators in 2005.
Similarly, a medical emergency occurred involving Detroit player Jiri Fischer, halting the game during the first period.
Tickets from the postponed game on March 10 will be valid for the April 9 game.
“Fans that possess a ticket dated March 10 do not need to exchange it. The seat from March 10 is reserved for April 9, and the existing ticket will be valid for admission,” the release reads.
Fans with questions may call 214-GO-STARS.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas A&M Announces Land Deal For Expanded Student Housing
- Cowboys’ McFadden Starts Training Camp On Injured List
- Facebook Ready To Test Giant Drone For Internet Service
- American Airlines Plane Slides Deployed At DFW Airport
- Deflategate Divides Sports Commentators Across The Country
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures