IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – One man’s commitment to sharing kindness turned into a lesson today that could last a lifetime for some Irving students.
Beaux Wellborn brought his mission of paying it forward to nearly 200 kindergartners from Irving ISD’s Gilbert Elementary School.
They are a perfect group to carry the message he wants to spread.
“I believe humanity is best served when we give of ourselves and make a difference,” said Wellborn.
Today’s lesson plan for the students: give and you shall achieve. The youngsters from Gilbert each received donated backpacks, as part of Wellborn’s 40 acts of kindness campaign and his passion to “pay it forward.”
Wellborn uses social media to get others to do the same. The youngsters here are today’s kindness beneficiaries.
“I don’t know why we’re on earth if not for making a difference and to give back. It’s the essence of who I am,” said Wellborn.
After receiving an act of kindness orchestrated by Wellborn, the students are now charged to pa if forward as well. They will write greeting cards to area senior citizens next week.
“It’s amazing, to teach them that it’s a cycle that there are times we give, and times we receive, and it’s to celebrate both,” said Gilbert Elemetary teacher Jamie Macdougall.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Mary Kay To Build Manufacturing & R&D Facility In Lewisville
- Pesky Invasive Plant Turns Up In Another East Texas Waterway
- Walmart Shoppers Chase, Shoot At Suspected Purse Snatcher
- EPA Recognizes Dallas For Working To Fight Asthma Triggers
- “Carol” Leads Independent Spirit Nominations
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures