Overturned 18-Wheeler Leaves 6 People Hurt
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - Six people were injured Monday morning when an 18-wheeler flipped onto its side. The crash happened at about 8:30 a.m. along the southbound lanes of East Loop 820 near Rosedale Street in Fort Worth.
The driver of a FedEx truck somehow lost control of the 18-wheeler and the entire vehicle ended up on its side across the highway. In addition to the truck, another three vehicles were involved in the crash. Authorities are still investigating the cause of the incident.
Two people were transported to Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth, one in serious condition and another with minor injuries. Both are expected to survive. Two other people were taken to Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth, both with minor injuries. The remaining two victims were treated at the scene and released.
The crash snarled traffic in east Fort Worth on Monday morning. All southbound lanes of East Loop 820 were closed to drivers while the northbound side was down to just one lane for a portion of the morning rush hour. Check the traffic map for the latest information and alternate routes.
- Judge Rejects Kyle Widow’s Request For New Trial
- No. 5 Baylor Likes To Spread It Out And Run
- TCU Still Fighting For Spotlight In Big 12
- Texas Stars In First Super Bowl 49 Halftime Ad
- Lewisville Police Shoot, Kill Armed Suspect After Car Chase
- Texas City Working To Turn Sewer Water Into Tap Water
- Plano Man Killed After Reentering Burning Home To Retrieve Phone
- Allen ISD’s $60 Million Football Stadium Closed For Months
- Spring One Day, Thundersleet The Next
- North Texas Man “Crowdfunds” $90,000 Birthday Party
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures